Friday, August 14, 2009

Fingerprint Friday

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of god
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of god
And I know its true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of god
So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them? Here's how to join in.


I HATE (I know that's a strong word, but it's the truth) thunderstorms. They scare me to death, I know it's due too many years living in central Kansas, in the middle of tornado ally. To this day, I know when one is coming, I can feel it in my bones, I can tell by the look of the clouds. My friends in Texas think I'm nuts, that I should just enjoy it, I think they should live for one tornado season in Kansas... after that I'm pretty sure they would get it. BUT as much as I hate these things and I as much as I go running for the hills, I have friends that love them. My friend Jacki is one of them. She can't wait for the summer nights, the clouds, the lightning. She follows them, looking for the best place to snap some of God's amazing work and amazing it is. I can't help but admit, that I'm breath taken by her photos, that she can capture these things. God is amazing, even when he's throwing things at me that scare me to death, but I'm pretty sure that it's to make me stronger both inside and out! And to tell you the truth, we need these thunderstorms so bad, I wouldn't complain one ounce if he sent one (or 5) my way! :) Thanks Jacki for letting me use your picture (oh, she sells these amazing things, she has TONS and she has one of Fireworks that also take my breath away, she really is talented, another gift from God)!

Happy Friday!

Love,
KJ

7 comments:

  1. I don't like them either and much prefer soft gentle rain. Our poor dog freaks out when it thunders and starts tearing up the house, trying to dig holes and hide. Pitiful!

    I also have a friend who loves them. I guess God created us all differently, and that makes the world a more interesting place! Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture! What a way of thinking of one of your fears as God's way of strengthing your faith. I can see why you have a fear of them after growing up on Kansas.
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great photo. My mother was terrified of thunderstorms. I'm a little apprehensive but have learned to pray about, ask for protection and then enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post and what a great photo....Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to not mind thunderstorms but once our son was born back in sept 08 I am nervous about storms. I am contantly in pray now when a storm rolls in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picture! I don't mind thunderstorms much.

    ReplyDelete