Friday, July 10, 2009

Fingerprint Friday

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of god
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of god
And I know its true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of god
So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them? Here's how to join in.



This year I was amazed on the 4th of July. Maybe it's because I'm growing up and seeing things in a different light then I have in years past. I'm not really sure, this was taken at close to the time we got there, still not as many people as there was when we left. As we (my friend Louise and I) sat there you could hear the people talking, laughing, kids yelling, kids getting in trouble. There were two bands playing, both were amazing. I loved seeing all the men and women in their uniforms and BDUs (the open up Lackland Air Force Base to the public for the day), relaxing before tomorrow comes and it's back to training. It really is a magical thing to see, at least in my eyes it is.

Louise and I have a tradition, we have been doing it for about 3 years, we always spend the 4th of July together. It's always been the two of us, I don't think we would care if anyone else comes along, but I like the way it is... I'm selfish in my traditions, I like that we just sit there, talk, eat food, drink some beer, and die in the heat :)! Every year like clock work it rains, we crossed our fingers that this year the shy wouldn't let us down, it did... but we still had fun.

Anyway, back to the picture. The thing that got me the most and why it's my Fingerprint Friday post is the way this crowd was sooo noisy (not in a bad way) but as soon as the American Flag came out, and our National Anthem was started a hush fell over everyone, the kids, the adults, it even seemed the birds stopped singing at that point. It shows me that God is here, that he is always with us, uniting us as one. Showing that so many people that do not know each other were together in one place, to celebrate the things he made happen. Not only our Independence but our faith in him and the world he has created. It truly brought tears to my eyes at this point, it was surreal. I was amazed.





No comments:

Post a Comment