Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fingerprint Fridays

Well, this is Fingerprint Friday post 2! After my last two post I'm finding that I kind of like to do this. I have no idea if anyone is reading my blog or not but it makes me feel better and that's really what matters right? Anyway... on with the show!
So, I've been thinking about this post since last Friday and I wasn't sure where I was going to see God's fingerprints this week but I knew that he was all around me and all I had to do was open my eyes to the world around me!


This was taken last 4th of July last year. As many of you know I love, love, love this holiday and San Antonio makes it awesome (at least to me it's awesome). If you were not aware of it San Antonio has a TON of military bases around the city and every 4th of July they open up the bases to civilians. Once you get onto the base there are games for the kids, food, drinks, and bands playing, once it gets dark they light off TONS of fireworks! WELLLLLLL, for the past I don't know how many years it has RAINED on the 4th of July BUT thanks to my great friend Louise we still take our happy selves out to Lackland AFB to watch the fireworks! This past year was no exception to the rule... it had rained off and on allll day... even when we were pulling into our parking spot it as still sprinkling! So... we walked around in the mud, water and wonderful Texas humidity and finally decided to go listen to the bands play and claim a spot for the show... while we were waiting, wondering what was going to happen if the rain picked up again (I don't know why we wonder this... years past have proved they will still light fireworks IN THE RAIN.)! I looked up and saw this rainbow!! It truly made my day and every time I look at it I do think of God and how anything is possible with him in my life.


Happy Friday and I hope you enjoy your weekend!

------------------------------------------
From Beci's Blog:
There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of god
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of god
And I know its true
Youre a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of god
So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them? Here's how to join in - Go to Becki's Blog!
-----------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment