Friday, January 29, 2010

Army - 19d!

Cavalry Scout: Army 19d!

I had no idea what this was until a few months ago - I have been saying for awhile there is something that I have been wanting to share but just have not done so up to now but it's time.

The boyfriend decided that he was going to join the Army. I am so very prod of him. I think it's amazing that he has decided to dedicate his life to serve and protect his country.

My family is so proud of him - my dad and oldest brother were in the Army. My other older brother is in the Air Force Reserves. His family has a long military history as well.

This is something he has always wanted, this is the time that it was supposed to happen. Everything is falling into place.

Right now he is in Galveston visiting his dad before he ships out to boot camp. It's almost like training for me - to know what it's going to be like when he's gone. It's different. It's hard. At least right now he can text me or call - when he's gone that isn't going to happen or it's going to be very little. So very hard!

He's going for 16 weeks. 8 weeks of boot camp. 8 weeks of tech training. 16 very long weeks. After that there is a graduation - everyone will be going, including me of course. I know it's selfish but I don't want everyone else there - just me BUT I this isn't about me. This is about him and how he is going to be a Solider.

I'm not sure what will come after those 16 weeks, where he will be stationed. What the future is going to hold for both of us. We have talked a lot about the future. But for right now, we are taking it one step at a time. So.Very.Hard!

I love him, I will support him, I will do anything to help him make this possible. This is his dream.

I will update as I know more, how I'm feeling. It's going to be hard. I'm sure there will be lots of tears at first even long after at first happens. I know it's going to be hard. Why can't it just be easy? I will need support. I will look for support where I can find it. I know it's there. I have amazing friends both in real life and in my blogging life. Still, will it ever get easy to say goodbye, not matter where he will be going, no matter how long he will be gone? I am thinking that's a big.fat.no!

Thanks for listening. Thanks for understanding. Thanks for being my friend. Thanks for letting me turn to you when I'm going to need it.

Love,
KJ







1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you were able to share the news now. No it will not get easier when they leave no matter what. At least not for me yet. Right now Chris is gone and it sucks. Yesterday he dropped his phone in the toilet so I can't even call him. Welcome to the Army Family (in a new way)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete