Friday, October 30, 2009

Fingerprint Friday

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of god
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of god
And I know its true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of god
So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them? Here's how to join in.

I've been in funk lately - dreading getting up in the mornings, just wanting to sleep in, just really wanting to do nothing at all. I'm pretty sure it's because of all the changes that are going on. They are not BAD changes but good ones, they are just big changes and I'm pretty sure this is how my brain is dealing with them.

I've been stressed out - not only because of these changes but due to a lot of things that are personal, things that I just don't want to blog about. I know I started this blog to vent, write about things that I wanted and not feel like anyone is judging me but this is something that I'm not ready to talk about - so it will wait until I am.

I know that changes happen, I just wish that I could control them a little better. That I could see what that light at the end of the tunnel is going to bring me. I guess I fear the unknowing more then the changes.

Today, my Fingerprint Friday is a reminder to myself that I am NOT in control - I never have been and I never will be. That GOD is in control and when I give myself to him and when HE is ready - these changes will all come together. So, in HIS hands I will be, holding on while he shows me the way.


*Picture from the internet*

Happy Fingerprint Friday!

Love,
KJ

2 comments:

  1. That was very nice. Nice way to turn around a funky mood! I hope the personal stuff works out for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to trust Him when things are hard to cope with. Blessings on your week.

    "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28

    ReplyDelete